Sunday, June 17, 2018

Fathers Day Reflections

On this Fathers Day, I reflect on the influence my own Father has had on my life. I am filled with gratitude in my heart for his example of love, accountability, forgiveness, positivity, hard work, and so much more. My parents example has been one of true devotion, loyalty, choice and commitment, and unconditional love, to each other and to their family.

 I just have to share what my younger sister wrote about my beautiful parents; Gary and Donna Miller

My sister Vicki's words so echo my own thoughts and feelings about these two special people in my life, and their beautiful marriage which has blessed my siblings and I, and their posterity of 14 grandchildren and 25 (soon to be 26) great grandchildren for the past 56 years.


 Thank you mom and dad for never giving up! For loving one another no matter what, and for your continued love and support no matter how old I get! You are both incredible. I am forever grateful for you!! 

"A BIG Anniversary shout out to my Amazing, Beautiful Parents. June 13th they celebrated 56 fantastic years married. 🎉💕💖🎉❤️💕 As a young child, they were my first examples of deep, profound and unconditional LOVE. What a blessing that has been to be surrounded by that growing up.❤️🙏🏼 The LOVE they share is seen by all who know them.... it’s absolutely beautiful!! 💕As an adult they have continued to be my inspiration and solid foundation of LOVE and support. As I look at them today, and all that I have learned these past 8 years since the demise of my 25 year marriage, I realize what escapes most people is the commitment part of marriage. We all look at the LOVE and happiness shared, which is truly beautiful, but what most people don’t see is the commitment of integrity, dedication, loyalty and the decision that’s made to keep Loving each other each and every day. 56 years of wedded bliss is a DECISION... it’s a CHOICE made by TWO people, because let’s be real... a couple is still two different people with two different personalities, two different ideas, and often a difference in beliefs. To top it off, life has its ups and downs... its challenges along the way. All the LOVE in the world will not keep a couple together unless they BOTH CHOOSE it TOGETHER. Today I applaud and celebrate my parents, not for their wedding day and their decision to get married 56 years ago, but for the decisions they continually make TOGETHER, to keep their LOVE strong in both the easy, and the challenging times. The dedication to their individual integrity, loyalty, generosity, gratitude , understanding, ability to forgive, and the actions they take daily to be standing here together 56 years strong! 🎉💖💕❤️ Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!! What an amazing journey you continue to share!!" XOXO❤️😘 "
#LOVE #COMMITMENT #LOYALTY #GRATITUDE #DEDICATION#FORGIVENESS #LOVEisaVERB #ACTION #DECISION #CHOICE 💖@picsbydonna

Renee
aka Mama Dezee

No comments:

Post a Comment